Labor Day is right around the corner. I know it’s crazy how fast 2020 is flying by right? You’re probably considering what your plans could include this Labor Day to have fun while still trying to stay safe. I’ve included 10 things to do for Labor Day that might help you find something fun and creative to do. Of course take the necessary safety precautions and do whatever you are comfortable with as everyone is different.
There are a lot of fun things you could probably do outside, at home, or within your own city without really having to go anywhere. Here are 10 things to do for Labor Day:
- Picnic – Create a fun outdoor picnic in a nearby field, park, or even your backyard. It will be a nice change of scenery to get outdoors and do something fun. Get creative with packing a picnic basket filled with BBQ, sandwiches, or maybe even a pasta salad. This Shrimp Avocado salad would be the perfect addition to a picnic.
- BBQ at home – Have a cookout at home with those that live in your house. We might not be able to get together with friends and extended family like we are used to for Labor Day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a family cookout. Throw some burgers on the grill and have a small fun family cookout. You could even enjoy some games outdoors while having the family cookout.
- Pool Day at home – If you have a pool at home this would be the perfect time to enjoy it with the family you have at home. Make a fun cookout, play pool games, and have a fun day by the pool.
- Camping – Consider going camping. Check out different campsites that might be nearby and go camping for the weekend. If you’re not comfortable going to a campsite consider setting up camping in your own backyard. You could still set up a tent and campfire in the backyard for a fun evening.
- Road Trip – Plan a fun weekend getaway with a road trip to change up the scenery. Consider booking a rental house, over-landing, or camping to try to limit the number of people you’re in contact with. You could consider taking a road trip out to enjoy nature somewhere a few hours away.
- Game Day – Set up an at home game day with family. What a perfect time to break out all those board games you might have sitting in the closet collecting dust. Set out some snacks and drinks then enjoy a day full of games at home.
- Explore a new walking trail – Look to see if there are any nature trails near you that maybe you have never been to. It be the perfect time to get out into nature to hike or just explore a nearby trail.
- Kayak – This could depend on your access to a kayak and/ or water, but kayaking could be a great option for those that are accessible to it. Even if you don’t have your own kayak you could look into nearby kayak rental locations. Kayaking can be a great way to clear the mind and relax out on the water for the day.
- Paddleboard – This is another fun activity to enjoy out on the water if you are able to. I love paddleboarding for a workout, relaxation, and just enjoying being out on the water. I own an inflatable paddleboard similar to this one that I absolutely love. It’s a great option if you are interested in getting into paddleboarding, but are limited on space to store a paddleboard.
- Boating – Consider taking your boat out for the day or explore options to rent a boat for the day. Spending the day out on the boat could be a great way to enjoy Labor Day with those close to you. Pack up some lunch and drinks then head out on the boat for a fabulous Labor Day.
Disclaimer: This post contains links that may result in me receiving a small commission.