Who doesn’t love a good pizza??? One of the hardest things when I first started eating dairy-free was feeling like I was missing out on pizza. Over the past year I’ve found some dairy-free pizza alternatives though that are just as good. This avocado flatbread is one of my favorite! It’s dairy-free and vegan. It’s like combining avocado toast and pizza to make the perfect combination. This makes a great movie night meal or even an easy dinner during a busy work week.
- 5 avocados
- 2 whole grain flatbread
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- Balsamic glaze
- 1 tomato – sliced
- 1/2 red onion – diced
- 1 lime
- Ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place 2 whole grain flatbread on to a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle each flatbreads with 1/2 tbsp. of avocado oil.
4. Place the flatbreads in the oven for about 10 minutes, so they start to get crispy.
5. While the flatbreads are in the oven, cut all the avocados in half, scoop out the pit, and place into a medium sized mixing bowl.
6. Slice the lime into 4 wedges and squeeze each wedge into the mixing bowl to add fresh lime juice.
7. Top the avocado and lime juice with some ground pepper as desired.
8. Using a whisk begin to mash down the avocados until it is a creamy consistency.
9. Slice the tomato into slices and remove the seeds if preferred.
10. Dice 1/2 red onion.
11. Remove the flatbreads from the oven and top each flatbread with the avocado mixture.
12. Place the sliced tomatoes and diced onions on top of the flatbreads.
13. Set the flatbreads back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven, drizzle balsamic glaze on top, slice and enjoy!