Summer is almost here, which comes with pool parties, BBQ’s, and gatherings. Having the perfect easy summer recipe to bring with you is a must. This recipe for watermelon salad is perfect for summer with the refreshing fruit in it. It includes blueberries, strawberries, and watermelon to pair perfectly with a hot summer day.
This watermelon arugula pecan salad starts with a nice bed of arugula as the base. It is then topped with blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, and candied pecans to add a little crunch. The whole salad is then tossed in either a green goddess or balsamic dressing. The best part is this salad only takes 5-10 minutes to make! You’ll definitely want to save this recipe to have on hand for those summer gatherings right around the corner. It is also the perfect addition to your 4th of July celebration with all the fruit being red and blue.
What You’ll Need for this Watermelon Arugula Salad Recipe
- 5 ounces of arugula
- 2 cups of watermelon
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Green Goddess or Balsamic dressing
- 3 tbsp. of candied pecans
To make this salad add arugula to a large bowl or serving platter. Next, chop the watermelon and dice the strawberries into fourths. Now you’ll need to top the arugula with 2 cups of watermelon, 1 cup of diced strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries, and 3 tbsp. of candied pecans. Drizzle the whole salad with a green goddess or balsamic dressing. Both are delicious, so whichever dressing you prefer will work great. Toss the salad using tongs to mix everything together. It is now ready to enjoy!
Watermelon Arugula Pecan Salad
- 5 ounces Arugula
- 2 cups Watermelon chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 3 tbsp candied pecans
- Green Goddess or Balsamic Dressing
- Add the 5 ounces of arugula to a large bowl or serving platter.
- Chop the watermelon and dice the strawberries into fourths.
- Layer the arugula with 2 cups of watermelon, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries, and 3 tbsp. of candied pecans.
- Drizzle the entire salad with a green goddess or balsamic dressing.
- Toss the whole salad to mix everything together and enjoy!
If you decide to give this recipe for watermelon salad a try be sure to let me know what you think down in the comments below. For more hosting ideas and home decor follow along on Instagram and/or Pinterest.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy
Disclaimer: This post contains links that result in me receiving a commission.