My favorite breakfast is a toss-up between waffles and avocado toast. These berry waffles might just make the top of the list though. These were so so fluffy, sweet, and flavorful. The combination of cinnamon, raspberries, and blueberries made this the perfect way to start my day or end it – I’m never against breakfast for dinner! These make a great breakfast and can given be used to make pancakes too.
Recipe makes 2 waffles
1 1/2 cups of Simple Mills pancake and waffle mix
1 tsp. of coconut oil
2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen peptides (optional)
1 tsp of honey
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 c of raspberries
1/4 c of blueberries
Pure maple syrup
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl combined 1 1/2 c. of Simple Mills pancake and waffle mix, 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen peptides (if desired), 3 eggs, 1 tsp. of honey, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1 tsp. of coconut oil.
3. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl together.
4. Add 1/4 c of raspberries and a 1/4 c of blueberries into the mix.
5. Stir the raspberries and blueberries into the waffle mix.
6. Pour half of the mix onto the waffle iron and allow the waffle to fully cook until golden brown.
7. Repeat for the second waffle.
8. Serve with pure maple syrup and enjoy!